Hop-On Hop-Off tours of York
The official open-top tour of York, every 15 minutes, 7 days a week.
The Citysightseeing York tour will capture the hearts of all ages! With so many things to do and attractions to see, York is the perfect place to hop-on to one of our open top buses and explore the English heritage. We’ll take you to the finest attractions that this thriving city has to offer!
Your ticket is valid for 24 hours, so you can complete a full loop of the bus tour first and then hop off at all the attractions you want to see.
Even if the weather lets you down, we won’t
With our Rainy Day Guarantee, when you book online you can use your ticket any day during the week after your booking if it’s raining on your tour day.
Sunday is York locals day
Every Sunday get discounted tickets when you show your York Card.
It is only £10 for an adult ticket and £20 for a family ticket for up to two adults and three children – we’re making it as easy as possible to enjoy our city and save some pennies too!
Key Workers get 25% off at weekends
It’s a small token of thanks for all your hard work to keep York going strong.
An Adult ticket is £12 and a family ticket only £26.25! To claim your discount, just show proof of where you work, like an ID badge, to the driver or our sales team when you buy your ticket.
Give us feedback and a review!
Feel free to let us know your thoughts on Tripadvisor, and see for yourselves the glowing reviews we’ve received from others who enjoyed their time on-board.
- Create your own itinerary to explore York, hopping on and off whenever you wish.
- 24hr unlimited Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour with the very best views of York.
- Audio commentary in 9 languages and live guides.
- 21 stops around the city, including all main sights and attractions.
- Every 15 minutes from 9am to 5.30pm
- Rainy Day Guarantee, you can use your ticket any day during the week after your booking if it’s raining on your tour day
Bring your school for a tour of York with us!
Bring your school group to York and enjoy exploring the city’s rich past with our knowledgeable and engaging tour guides. See the sights from our open-top bus and take part in workshop activities. Gain an overview of the city’s history or choose tours specific to your class’s subjects!
All tours are pitched at a level appropriate for children and led by tour guides whose backgrounds include working in schools and museums. All tours include interactive workshop activities, appropriate to the weather on the day.
We offer several themed tours you can choose from, click here to find out more!
- 1 Exhibition Square
- 2 GillyGate
- 3 Monk Bar
- 4 Foss Bank
- 5 Peasholme Green
- 6 The Stonebow
- 7 Clifford’s Tower
- 8 Margaret Street
- 9 Walmgate Bar
- 10 Barbican Centre
- 12Bishopthorpe Road Shops
- 13Bishopthorpe Road
- 14South Bank
- 15Campleshon Road
- 16Blossom Street
- 17The Mount
- 18Mount Vale
- 19York Rail Station
- 20Memorial Gardens
- 21Museum Gardens
Join our team!
We’ve got some exciting opportunities open to join our team at York CitySightseeing. Below, you can find out what’s available
We are on the lookout for friendly, committed people to join our award-winning team here at York City Sightseeing.
What can we offer you?
- If you join us as a new driver you will be on £11 per hour for your first year, and if you come with a licence you will be on £12 per hour.
- Every new colleagues gets a £1000 welcome bonus!
- You will be contacted to a minimum of 39 hours, with optional overtime available to supplement your earnings
- A beneficial pension scheme with fantastic percentage rates with Aviva
- We have a modern, clean, state-of-the-art buses people want to be seen on and drivers are proud to be seen driving
- On our colleague app, Transdev Exchange, you can get a range of discounts including gym members, supermarkets and other retailers, access to our dedicated mental health first aiders, our health portal and easy views of your shifts weeks in advance
- A place where we know you by your name, not by your number. We’re told we have a really positive atmosphere compared to other workplaces
- Free bus travel for you and your partner on our buses and other companies across the North of England
Want to know more about working for us?
Take a look at life at Transdev and how we treat people here
What do we need from you?
- Be someone that enjoys meeting people and believes in good customer service
- Be 18 years old or over
- Be able to pass a PCV medical test
How to apply
- Send your CV and post it to ‘Freepost Academy’ (that’s it), you don’t even need a stamp!
- WhatsApp us on 07825 271697 with your name, the role you want to apply for and the location
- Give us a call on 01423 884633
We’re excited to annnounce a partnership with The Grand in York.
This makes it possible to get YorkCitysightseeing tickets from the only 5 star hotel in the city!
The Grand, York is York’s most luxurious address. Housed in the former North Eastern Railway Headquarters, the iconic Edwardian building retains much of its stunning architecture and original features and provides an idyllic setting for a city break in York, or a base to explore the region. As the city’s only accredited five-star hotel, The Grand offers unrivalled service, elegance and style with a warm Yorkshire welcome and fantastic views across the city walls and York Minster.
The Grand boasts award winning restaurant, The Rise Restaurant, Terrace & Bar which serves Modern British classics using fresh local produce with a Yorkshire twist from the open kitchen.
Presented on a silver stand and with views of York’s city walls, there really is nowhere quite like The Grand for quintessentially British Afternoon Tea. Book into The Rise for Grand Afternoon Tea, served with a large selection of coffees and tea as well as Champagne, Prosecco and even with Hendrick’s Gin with our Tipsy G & Tea experience.
The Cookery School at The Grand, York offers Express, Half and Full-Day classes, with a host of international cuisines and speciality classes to choose from. With 16 fully equipped stations, and an adjoining dining area, The Cookery School offers a unique experience perfect for having fun and learning something new!
Housed in the building’s atmospheric former vaults, the luxury spa features an indoor pool, sauna, steam room and gym and is the perfect escape from the city. Book in for a rejuvenating treatment, or explore our stay, spa and dine packages.
If you are searching for the finest hotel in York, then look no further than The Grand.
Getting to York
If you’re coming from Leeds, Whitby, Scarborough or any other surrounding town, it couldn’t be easier to make your way to York.
Below you can find the timetables for our other buses:
Buy tickets for these journeys here.
Discover 2000 years of history
You’ll never be short of things to do in York. Take our tour and be inspired by the beauty this city has to offer. Hop-on our open-top bus at Exhibition Square and get ready to start the adventure through time!
One of the main attractions that can’t go amiss is Clifford’s Tower at Stop 7. It stands proudly at the highest point in York and really is a sight to behold.
Fishergate Bar, one of York’s gateways, was built in the early 14th century by the mayor of York. Take a trip closer to the River Ouse and visit South Bank at Bus Stop 13. Wander around Rowntrees Park nearby, which serves as a memorial for employees of the confectionery factory nearby who died in the First World War.
Right by the River Ouse you’ll find Museum Gardens at Stop 21. The tranquil atmosphere makes it the perfect picnic location on a sunny day, where you can appreciate all the beautiful flowers and immaculate fresh lawns. Take a walk and you’ll even see the ruins of the medieval St Mary’s Abbey, which dates back to the mid-11th century.
Join us around York and enjoy the views!
- Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour
- 24-hour bus pass
- Rainy Day Guarantee
- Entertaining and informative live guides on all buses
- Discounts to other attractions in York
- Masks and hand sanitiser provided